What is Mango?
Mango Library Edition is our subscription-based product that is available for libraries. It includes a variety of resources to help patrons learn practical conversation skills for languages spoken all around the world. We offer Mango Basic and Mango Complete Courses, offering more than 50 language learning experiences.
How does Mango teach new languages?
Mango utilizes our proprietary methodology, engaging interface, and easy, intuitive interactive tools to deliver practical conversational skills and valuable cultural insight for a foreign language. Lessons include strategically placed memory-building exercises to help users remember what they are learning in addition to critical thinking exercises, which help them to intuitively understand the language and adapt it to similar conversations.
How long does it take to learn a new language with Mango?
Mango Languages is completely self-paced and the time it takes to build fluency is different from person to person. Mango courses provide an introduction to language and culture through the acquisition of simple conversational skills. They focus on practical conversations while increasing vocabulary and grammar skills. Mango is intended to deliver conversational proficiency.Upon completion of a Mango course you will be conversational in the following topics:
- Express Gratitude
- Greet People
- Make Small Talk with Strangers
- Say Goodbye
- Ask/Tell if Someone Speaks a Language
- Ask/Tell Where Someone is From
- Get Someone’s Attention
- Ask Someone’s Name
- Introduce Yourself
- Ask for Directions
- Get Help Finding Places Using a Map
- Identify Important Places and Facilities Around Town
- Count Up To 99
- Negotiate Basic Transactions at Stores
- Gain the Insight into the Food Culture
- Order Drinks And Meals
- Understand Common Phrases Used at Restaurants
- Deal with Large Numbers
- Handle Currency with Ease
- Ride a Taxi and Pay the Fare
- Accept/Decline Help
- Ask/Tell What Trouble One Is In
- Gain Knowledge of Emergency Services
- Ask/Answer What a Word or Phrase Means
- Communicate One’s Ability to Understand Something
- Express Gratitude
- Request to Repeat, Slow Down, or Speak Up
- Ask/Tell What Something Is
- Give/Respond to a Compliment
- Request/Agree to Speak in Particular Language