The Friends of the Library is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that raises funds and promotes the library. Last year, they donated over $56,000 to the Porter County libraries. Here are a just a few ways the library has used these funds:
- Began offering ebooks and emagazines to patrons
- Enabled the library to begin offering fax services
- Paid for library programs so patrons could attend for free
Below are some ways you can help support the friends!
Shop at Library Book Sales
You can find great deals on books, music, movies, and more! Check out the Book Sales page to see when sale rooms are open, and when the next special book sale will be held.
Become a Member
- First choice of book sale items at the Friends Preview Night.
- Mailed a free copy of the library newsletter Between the Stacks.
- Membership dues help enhance the library you already love!
Make checks payable to "Public Library Friends." You can download and print an application.
The Friends of the Library rely on volunteers! There are several ways you can volunteer, such as:
- Working in library book sales
- Working in the Friends of the Library book sale rooms
- Looking up the value of donated materials
Visit a book sale room or talk to your local library staff if you are interested in volunteering with the Friends of the Library.